It's a Boy!!!

Kara and I went to the doctor this past week and found out that our little guy is going to be a boy.  I am really just super excited about it.  Not that I wouldn't have also been thrilled if it would have turned out to be a girl, but....yeah, pumped it's a boy.  I'm also super suprised - Kara and I were both totally convinced that it was going to be a girl.  Mostly because we both wanted a boy.  :)

I think our preference for a boy first came from the fact that we both always wanted older brothers.  For Kara, she was the oldest and didn't have anyone to show her the ropes or look out for her other than her friends.  For me, growing up with older sisters was AWESOME, and they certainly had the protection part down pat (if you don't believe that, ask Kara sometime about the first time she met Kristy and Abby :)  But, I always wished that I had an older brother to teach me how to talk to girls and fight with and play sports with.


And then there's the obvious reasons that a guy loves having a boy (they are easier for us to relate to, they will go through the same tough things we went through, etc). 

In addition, in my case, our son will carry on the Yaraschefski name, which would have been nearly extinct if Kara and I didn't have any sons.  

How exciting is life?

Finally, for some reason, this whole blog keeps reminding me of this old commercial which makes me laugh.  I wonder if our little man will ever use a pay phone?  Doubtful.  I haven't used one since high school.

Quote of the week:
Dave:  "So, you better teach Bowen how to throw a post pass!!"
Jason:  "We'll have to find someone to do that.  I usually just shot it."

Comments

Popular Posts