My First Bath!!


So, as it turns out, for the first two weeks of your kids life, you aren't allowed to give them a full bath because there is a little piece of a the umbilical cord that has to fall off their belly button first.  That means that for the first two weeks, its sponge baths and milk-smelling babies.

However, after our two week checkup with the doctor, she cleared Luke to take a full bath.  While Kara and I didn't really know what to expect, we were looking forward to giving him his first bath together.

Lucky for us Luke absolutely loved it!! The warm water calmed him down and he sat perfectly content while we washed him off and soaped his little head.  We did learn that he does have a limited amount of bath patience, and started to get fidgety at the end.  Also, Kara panicked when a little water ran down the front of his face, but he did in fact survive the trauma.  :)

One final note, just for Luke when he's reading this 20 years from now - I always hated looking back at baby pictures of myself where I'm all naked, so I left those pictures out of here.  But just remember Luke, I do have them, and I will use them at my discretion.  HA!

 

We love you buddy!! Until next time. 

Comments

Popular Posts