Camping!

As our birthday present to Luke, we got him a sleeping bag, and at his party told him we would be going camping the next weekend.  His response, "I have been waiting all summer for this!!".  I have always wanted to see if our family could be a camping family.  I grew up camping with my best friend's family, and I LOVED it.  We always had the best time, and I hoped that would be something I could share with my family!  We left Eli at Grandma's house so that we could really enjoy this time as a gift for our biggest boy.







Dave randomly bought a tent at Costco a year or so ago, so we had that at least.  We were able to throw together the rest of the things we needed, and headed to McCormick's Creek the first Friday in August.

We had a BLAST.  It was 94 degrees and humid, but it didn't matter.  Luke's joy the whole trip was so contagious, we all had the best time.

We stayed on a shaded site, 174, and visited the falls the first day.  We hiked and swam and splashed around.  We cooked out brats, read stories, went on a late night walk, stayed up until 10, slept in the tent, had breakfast, hiked to Wolf Cave and explored, splashed through a creek on our way back and then headed home.  It was so much fun for all of us!  I think we will definitely make it a several times a summer event!














Comments

Popular Posts