Child Birth Class #2

Kara and I sat in child birth class again tonight.  It was informative and interesting, and focused on ways to help the woman cope with the pain that comes with child birth.  We learned different body positions and other ways to make her more comfortable and minimize the discomfort.  I sure hope some of those work - I hate seeing her in pain.

I am feeling much more confident about the whole process....I haven't had a mini-panic attack in a while now.  We hit 34 weeks on Friday, and Kara has another doctor appointment.  She has been feeling good, but her blood pressure has been a bit high so we have been closely monitoring that.  Her work is being really nice about letting her work from home and try to relax so her blood pressure drops.

Big week for me - tomorrow is my PMP certification test, which makes me an official professional project manager.  (Assuming I pass of course).  I should be sleeping right now but coffee at 8:30 to help me study is making me wide awake.  Ah well - ain't no rest for the wicked.  :)

The other major thing this week is that we booked trips out to see Jason and Kristy in Houston AND a trip out to Omaha to see Kara's extended family.  Thank you Southwest rewards points!!  It will be great to be able to get to go out and spend time with them, although I'm not really sure how flying with a baby will work, but hey, I'm not really sure how any of this is going to work, so what's new.  Ha!

34 weeks means that this baby could be less than a month away.  I can't wait.  We skyped with Bowen again today - he is just the cutest baby - and getting to be a chunk!! (In the good way of course..)  He's 16 pounds now, and is just over 4 months old.  Can't wait to see him again.

Time to go try to get some sleep.  Test starts in 6 hours.  Until next time!

Comments

Popular Posts