Party like it's 2007

This past weekend was really fun.  We went to DePauw for the weekend for Kara's 5 year college reunion.  All of Kara's friends stayed in a dorm, so we hung out, had Marvins, had beers at The Duck, and even spent time at Alpha Phi, which brought back some great college memories.  :)  That's right, we were all basically in college again for a weekend, except with no alcohol tolerance at all, Kara is pregnant, and we wanted to go to sleep at 10 p.m.  In all seriousness, it was a ton of fun, and I love hanging out with all the Alpha Phi couples.  It was also cool to see how much passion and pride that stupid school has.

In addition to the goofy, pretend-like-you're-in-college activities (which is NOT lame, I don't care what you say), DePauw had some really cool events planned, so we had a nice meal in the sciences building and Kara got to listen to some speeches from some big-time DePauw faculty and alum.  Finally, Kara and her friends took advantage of a 90% off closing sale at the bookstore, where they got lots of cool clothes and DePauw things for ridiculously cheap prices.  In general, it was everything that was great about DePauw, without the basketball team, which really made it perfect for me.  :)  (kidding, of course....)

However, the best part of the weekend for me was that I had a great conversation with a friend about how everything went when they had their baby last year.  I just blogged late last week about how I have had a few freak-outs, so it was really great to hear the whole labor and delivery process from a guy's perspective.   I'm not sure if it was just getting more information, or if it was the Hop, Skip, and Go Naked's that we were drinking, but somehow I came out of that convo feeling so much better about the whole thing....thinking that we can do this.  (Thanks Kris!)




Also, we got another brilliant picture of our little nephew this weekend - Bowen is seriously the cutest little boy I have ever seen.  Look at that face!!!  I can't wait to have a little guy who Bowen can hang out with - I know he will be such a great big cousin.

More soon!!

Comments

Popular Posts