Doin it Big in Houston!!

This weekend was just awesome.  We got to go down to Houston and visit our new nephew Bowen.  It was a totally relaxing weekend where we got to spend some quality time with Kristy and Jason, play with the baby, see their new house, and hang out in the pool.  I really cherish the time with Kristy and Jason - rarely do we have time to just sit around and enjoy ourselves - something we used to do a lot.  I am so very happy for them - their baby boy is just the cutest thing I've ever seen.

In addition to having some great QT, this was also a total eye opener for me.  I have no experience with babies, as I am the youngest in our family and just never had babies around.  This weekend was a great opportunity for me to learn everything from how to hold a baby, to how to feed one, and yes, even how to change a diaper.  Thank God Kara has had lots of infant experiences, she was such a natural holding Bowen, and I couldn't help but be so happy thinking about what a great mom she is going to be.  We also learned all of the different things we "need" (versus what the crazy people at Buy Buy Baby tell you that you "need") and were able to answer questions like "Where should we put the pack and play?"  or "Should the diaper genie go upstairs or downstairs?"

However...I'd be remiss if the visit didn't set in just a SLIGHT tinge of complete panic about having a kid.  I mean......holy cow infants need attention ALL the time!!  However, I believe that if you aren't about to become a parent and aren't a little bit freaked out, you probably aren't paying enough attention :)

Until next time.  :)


Comments

Popular Posts