It takes a Village...

A college roommate of mine and his wife (who was a college roommate of Kara's) just announced the other day that they are pregnant as well.  While they are very early on, that's just another friend of ours that is going to be able to share this crazy journey with Kara and I.  In fact, there are so many people having babies that we know, I told Kara the other day that my Facebook wall looks like a Uterus Magazine of ultrasounds.

It was the same when we got married, there were so many people going through the same thing that we could ask questions to, or simply learn from so that we could make more educated decisions, it just made the whole process so much easier.  It's the same now with babies.  We are just lucky to know so many great people who have gone through the same thing (or are about to go through the same thing) as we are.  It makes everything so much easier and less overwhelming.  Watching Jason be a great dad, or some of my other friends who have older kids and seeing how much they enjoy and love their kids despite the difficulties of being a parent makes me all that much more confident that I can do it too.  I consider us so lucky to have all these people to share this experience with.

Not gonna lie, I have had several panic moments about having a kid lately - occasionally, the enormousness of the situation hits me like a ton of bricks, but one of the things I can always do is look around me at the people I care about, and know that they have my back.

They always say that it takes a village to raise a child.  I'm so thankful for our village.  :)

Comments

Popular Posts