We're on the Final Lap!!

30 weeks this week!! How crazy awesome is that!  Regardless of my annoyance of how the whole "weeks" thing is calculated (it is obviously not done by anyone with a technical background...) I am so excited that we only have 10 weeks left!  If we were running a mile race, we'd be three laps down, and starting our fourth lap.  Well, really, Kara would be on her last lap.  Similar to the pregnancy, if we were running a mile race, I probably be exhausted and watching her from the sidelines.  I'm just sort of hanging out trying to help where I can.

Now, I obviously know that we really have no idea when our little guy will come, and so many of our friends and family have had their babies early, late, and everything in between, so we really have no idea what to expect.  We keep saying that as long as he's healthy, he can come whenever he wants.  (Well, I keep saying that.  Kara keeps saying that he better not be a day late, and preferably in early to mid July. :)

We are starting to do really well as far as getting everything ready.  The other day we talked about how it's going to be a bit difficult for us because we are such planners, and there is just always going to be a component of this that we just can't plan.  Some things we are going to have to do on the fly...and that makes both of us (but certainly me) a little bit antsy.  However, of the things that we can plan, I think we've done a great job of starting early and getting things done along the way so we won't be over-stressed at the end.

She is getting annoyed that she is "getting too big" and so I'm lovingly reminding her that there is a giant child growing inside of her, and he needs room to stretch in there.  The other day, Kara said that she thought he was doing some sort of workout in there.  If I had to guess, I would probably go with either Taebo, or jazzercise.   (Side note - Google just tried to auto-correct jazzercise to Azerbaijan.  Really google?)

Regardless, I think she just looks great.  Don't you?





Comments

Popular Posts