One Year.

I had my 6 week follow up appointment with my OB last Friday.  This is standard practice after having a baby, just to make sure that everything is progressing and healing ok.  Good news, everything is ok and I'm cleared to start working out and everything again (side note - ran my first mile yesterday, and it was NOT pretty, but it felt great). 

Since Luke's delivery was less than ideal, my doctor and I also talked about options for future kids.  She said we'll do ultrasounds on each of them about a month from my due date to check their size, and then she will induce me at about 38 weeks, which is great for several reasons.  One, I can always schedule it on a day that she's delivering, and two, I won't have to have a c-section, which is awesome since my recovery from Luke was so easy!

However, the craziest part of the day for me was that my appointment last Friday was exactly a year to the day from my annual exam last year.  That appointment was the one at which I told my doctor I was going to stop taking birth control and Dave and I were going to start trying to have kids.  She was very excited, and I remember her saying "good luck, call us when you achieve a pregnancy".  I remember this because I thought "achieving" was a weird way to describe getting pregnant. 

We were back in her office in early December at 6.5 weeks pregnant, Luke was born in July, and there I was again, exactly a year later, with a 6 week old.  I cannot believe how much we have experienced, changed and grown in the past year, but I feel so blessed to be where we are today.  Crazy how much differerence one year can make.






Comments

Popular Posts